Other Resources
County Post-Emancipation Services

If you do not qualify for or do not want to enroll in Bridges, you may be able to seek supportive services from your county public children services agency. Each public children services agency in Ohio is required to provide independent living services to 18-, 19- and 20-year-olds who aged out of foster care and who request help. The following services may be available until your 21st birthday:   

  • Academic support
  • Post-secondary educational support
  • Career preparation
  • Employment programs or vocational training
  • Budget and financial management
  • Housing education and home management
  • Health education and risk prevention
  • Mentoring including matched with a screened and trained adult
  • Supervised independent living
  • Room and board financial assistance
  • Education financial assistance

These services are meant to complement your own efforts to be self-sufficient. Ideally, they will help you become eligible for Bridges so you can get additional supports toward independence.

Please contact your county public children services agency’s Independent Living Coordinator for more information.