Contact Us
Have a Concern?

When you have a concern or complaint, this is known as a grievance. Most organizations have grievance procedures to help people resolve issues. For the best possible results, it’s important to understand and follow the grievance procedures. If you are participating in Bridges and have a grievance, follow the steps below to resolve your issue.

Step One – Open Communication with Bridges Staff

Before filing an official complaint, engage in an open conversation with your Bridges representative, their supervisor or the service provider you’re experiencing the conflict with. Discuss your concerns in a calm manner. Straightforward and honest communication often can correct good-faith mistakes or clear up any confusion. 

Step Two – Speak with a Bridges Regional Coordinator (if necessary)

If the situation does not improve after you’ve spoken to your Bridges representative or service provider, request an appointment with the Bridges Regional Coordinator. When you meet with the coordinator, provide any relevant documentation to support your complaint. The Regional Coordinator should be able to answer your questions and act based on policies and guidelines.

Step Three – Contact State Administrative Staff (if necessary)

If the situation does not improve after you’ve met with the Bridges Regional Coordinator, contact the Bridges administrators at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. They can review case records and mediate disputes between young adults and local Bridges staff. Note that federal or state law may impose time limits for filing complaints or appealing earlier decisions.